Adventures in making and raising our test-tube babies

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

My Boy, Bill

This morning my dad reminded me of the song "My Boy, Bill," from the musical "Carousel." We sang that song all the time when we were little, when we rode in the yellow-gold Toyota that only had the 8-track player.

Here's a snippet:

"I can tell him ...Wait a minute! Could it be? What the hell! What if he is a girl?"

In the play, the character Bill finds out he's going to be a father and starts planning how he will raise his son. And then he comes to this dreadful realization that it might be a girl, and fortunately by the end of the song he comes to terms with it.

After Dad read my last post, he pointed out that sometimes when people have babies, they have boys. I might be one of those people.

And to that I say, "Bring it on."

1 comment:

Frieda said...

It's gonna be a girl!