Adventures in making and raising our test-tube babies

Monday, June 9, 2008

Off to Sleep

Just wanted to let the interested public know that I'll be going in soon to get the eggs sucked out of me. That is, "retrieved." They call it surgery. I used to call it a procedure, but now I'm more a believer that surgery is the right descriptor. It really knocks you on your back.

I plan to be asleep for a few days, so wish me happy dreams. I don't think I can go wrong: in the last few days I've dreamed that I was a cartoon mouse stealing food and that I was writing a blog post that made a pun out of "anti-occident" and "antioxident." Neither of those scenarios works in the real world, so it's a good thing I'll be in my own one.

See you when I wake up.

4 comments:

lovestoskip said...

Sweet dreams!! I hope they harvest a whole bunch of super duper eggs. I'll be thinking about you...

Larisa said...

Good luck at your retrieval. Hope you get lots of great eggs, and hope it doesn't knock you on your back too hard.

Thanks for the comment on my blog.NCLM.

DAVs said...

Good luck good luck good luck. Enjoy the super nap, you deserve it!

Anonymous said...

Oh good luck!!!

starleneg