Adventures in making and raising our test-tube babies

Friday, August 29, 2008

We're Pregnant With Twins!



My dear, dear friends,




It is our pleasure to inform you that we are pregnant with twins. By one account (they vary) I'm 14 weeks along, and everyone is doing fine. We've got two little babies below my belly button, about the size of gerbils, with feet and fingernails and the beginnings of all the bodily systems they'll need to be working humans. We could not be happier.




I'll feed you more information as we go along, but in the meantime, let these ultrasound shots give you a concise 4,000 words.


We haven't -- nor will we ever -- forget the long, hard battle with infertility. And we won't forget our friends who are still fighting. But for the moment, let's celebrate one -- no, TWO -- successes, keep vigilant over the next six months, and get ready to welcome these little babies into the world on March 2, 2009.



Love,




Kay and James

11 comments:

Tracy said...

Congratulations! What great news!

Not Your Aunt Bea said...

I knew it! Congratulations! Congratulations! Enjoy every minute, every second of it. Before you know it you will have babes in your arms and will miss them kicking inside you.

lovestoskip said...

Oh my goodness!! I'm so excited that it's twins! I have been hoping you would have twins...since you are a twin. Congrats to all 4 of you--you guys have waited a long time for this double blessing.

bzh said...

When we announced we were pregnant, my sister-in-law's sister sent a card that summed it all up: "You think you know what love is? Just you wait."

Truer words were never spoken.

My heart is bursting for you. Congratulations! And take good care.

bzzzzgrrrl said...

As you may have gathered from my delighted squealing on the phone last night, I am so pleased for you.

Also: you don't have a belly button.

Anonymous said...

YAHOOOOOO!!!

Starleneg

DAVs said...

YAY! I'm so glad you are finally letting this gigantic CAT out of the bag! Now we can celebrate in true style--you've got TWO peas in your pod!
PS Send some of the baby dust our way :)

Celia said...

Congratulations. They are sooooooooooooo beautiful. I can't wait to see them up close and personal in March, 2009. Enjoy the moment. Love to you all.

Heather said...

I was so hoping that your pause in blogging meant this good news - yay! We are so thrilled for you two. And you think you know what tired means now.... :) Can't wait to see you soon!

-Heather, Brian and Brady

Lisa Clarke said...

Oh, I am SO happy to hear this! I've been pulling for you!

They're cute little balls of fuzz you've got there :-)

Wendy said...

I knew that good things were going to come to the two of you! And to boot, it's TWO good things!!! So exciting!!! We'll have to go shopping!!!