Adventures in making and raising our test-tube babies

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

And the sexes ARE...




Indeterminate.
When we went for our monthly sonogram yesterday, they said it was too soon to tell. It's a shame, because last time they told us they'd tell us this time. Doh. How can we know whether we'll love our children?


(You must know I'm kidding).


As usual, Baby A gave us some trouble in the photography department. Like during the last ultrasound, when it refused to show us its neck so we could have it measured for abnormalities, this time it eschewed the camera's lense again. It turned its back on us and when we begged, finally turned right to stare us in the face with its skeletal little stare. That little kid is a handful.


We love Baby A.


We also love Baby B. Baby B, it should be noted, is very cooperative and poses like a champ. See its sweet little profile?


Fetal development is fun. The babies are starting to look like babies, even though they weigh only 4 and 5 ounces each. Their bodies, from head to rump, are about six inches long, and their heads are about 3 cm in diameter.


I think they are about the size of baby talapoin monkeys, the monkeys in the New Orleans Zoo that struck me as genetic mixtures of squirrels and humans. When I pointed them out to my great aunt Dotty and asked if she thought they looked human, she said, "Not anybody I know." Apparently her social circle is limited.


Me, my social circle is open and looking to grow. I can't wait to meet these little humanoids. Five and a half months and counting...


7 comments:

Celia said...

Thanks for the family photos. It was good to see you last week and even better that you are chatting on the blog again. Keep up the good spirit. LNMW, A.Celia

lovestoskip said...

I love the pictures! It will be interesting to see if Baby A continues to be a handful and if Baby B continues to be the cooperative one.

DAVs said...

Beautiful babies indeedio!

Leigh said...

I can't wait to find out the sexes. I have boxes of girl clothes just waiting on your news. We will have to make a trip up there soon to check on you.

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so glad I found you on Face book. Your life is so amazing right now. Cherish every moment, these days will never come again for you. Not that you wont have anymore children but never will you have a first pregnancy again. Treasure it, roll in it, soak up every blessed minute and hide it in your heart. I am having so much fun reading your past blogs and finding out about your fiber creation company. How cool. Who knew in highschool when you painted your room checkerboard and your car and your clothes and made shirts out of skirts and vice versa that someday it would bring joy to you and some much more joy to those you touch.
Brandie

Not Your Aunt Bea said...

I think a girl and a boy. You think with the technology these days you'd be able to tell. But how cute are they??? So cute.

Laughing4Heir said...

So one cooperates and the other doesn't. Oh, my. Sibling rivalry begins early doesn't it? ;)