Adventures in making and raising our test-tube babies

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Our New Niece-Baby




This is not a post for people who are sad to hear about new babies. I am very thankful that we are not in that group because this is GREAT NEWS!


My brother and sister-in-law welcomed the first of a new generation into the family. Iona Kathleen Bailey was born this evening, November 16, 2008, about 8:20 p.m. She is 21 inches long and weighs 8 pounds, 15 ounces: she's just an ounce shy of nine pounds. Though she is a big baby, she is still smaller than our cat. She has long pink fingers and a beautiful pink face crowned with dark black curls. She is named after the abbey on the Scottish Isle of Iona, an important historical site in the history of the Presbyterian Church. Her middle name refers to family: one aunt (Megan Kathleen) and another aunt (me: Katherine). I'm honored.

We love Iona. We LOVE HER!


Mama and baby are both doing marvelously, though I think both could use a snack and then a nap. Congratulations and much love to all involved!


(Mama and baby got to hold hands for the first time)


(James arrived at the hospital and ran into his new niece in the hallway as she was headed toward the nursery)


3 comments:

bzzzzgrrrl said...

Woo-hoo!
What exciting news!
Congratulations, auntie!
When you get a minute, please shoot me a line with D&E's address so I can try to get my act together enough to send them a note.

mjp said...

YEA!! Congratulations to all the Bailey clan especially David and Erin! Your lives will never be the same. Can't wait to meet Iona Kathleen...
mjp

lovestoskip said...

Such exciting news! I love her name. Being an aunt is so much fun--you will love this new job. :)