Adventures in making and raising our test-tube babies

Saturday, December 13, 2008

The leg bone's connected to the --- wha?

My ankle bones are missing.

I discovered it in the shower yesterday morning. I had had them the night before when I went to bed. As I shaved my legs, I sang, "Oh where, oh where have my ankle bones gone? Oh where, oh where can they be?" I took it lightly. I assumed they were still in my bed.

Then I remembered about my ears. They've been burning. Not like I have people talking about me -- though if that's true, it's a whole lot of people at once. No: like I'm a human furnace and my ears are the pilot lights. The day before yesterday at the doctor's office, I got so hot that I told the nurse I was going to take off all my clothes and maybe shave my head. I fanned vigorously at my ears, hoping the fanning motion wasn't increasing my overall body heat.

So now my concern is, maybe my ankle bones got too close to my ears and burned up.

It wouldn't have happened while the ankle bones were still in my body, because I don't really fold up that way any more. I bend at the knees and hips and I can slump my shoulders, but that's it. The threat of vomiting and heartburn prevent me from using what used to be my... oh, man, I've even forgotten what it's called. Um, waste? WAIST. That's it. Yeah. I don't have one of those.

Anyway, if you see my ankle bones I'd be most relieved. I don't need them right away, but maybe in February when the girls are here.

3 comments:

DAVs said...

Kay, I will definitely say this: of all the pregnant women I've known (and believe me, I have known a LOT) you single-handedly win the award for one with the most pregnancy related symptoms/side effects!
I hope you find your ankles soon, I am imagining they will be important here pretty soon :)

lovestoskip said...

I saw your ankles!! They were at the mall today looking at socks. Not to worry...it's just a short trip to TX and then they are heading back up north after the holidays.

Laughing4Heir said...

Maybe you're on the leading edge of evolution. Maybe we won't be needing them in a few thousand generations. Congratulations. You push the envelope.