Adventures in making and raising our test-tube babies

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

They're Home!

The babies are home! The babies are home!

We are having a delightful time. Mostly we prepare bottles and feed babies. After each feeding we pause, change diapers, and start another feeding. They are on a three hour schedule, left over from the NICU: they fuss for an hour, during which we hold them, prepare the bottles, and change diapers. Then we feed them (sometimes sequentially, sometimes with one baby on each side and each hand with a bottle in each mouth). We try to burp them, with spotty success, then we put them in their crib together.

The good part of the NICU routine is that they're on that same schedule. The bad part of this all is that they have a lot of feedings when James and I were used to sleeping...

I'd post a picture but I don't know where the camera is.

Pardon me if I don't answer emails or the phone for, um, a year.

I have my hands full!

Full of baby.

It's fun. Thank God.

4 comments:

Not Your Aunt Bea said...

Congrats! Yea the girls are home! Let the fun begin!

DAVs said...

Congrats on REALLY being a complete family now, all together at home. I'm sure your house is adjusting to all those newborn sounds! Are you breastfeeding too? I wish I lived closer, I'd come hold a baby, or two :)

Leigh said...

Hurray! I am so happy for you. Just remember when you are exhausted at another 3 am feeding that it is only temporary and you will eventually treasure the memories of those quiet times when you felt so close.

Laughing4Heir said...

YEEAAAA!!!
Welcome home, babies!